Here’s how pawnbroking works:
- You can borrow up to £250,000 on any single Pawnbroking Essex contract. We have a minimum loan value in some stores, so please check with your local store.
- When you bring your goods to us we’ll discuss your requirements with you, and wherever possible offer you a second-hand resale value against your item(s).
- Your information and photo will be entered onto our computer database.
- Pawnbroking contracts are for a period of 6 months and are regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974*
- Interest on the loan accumulates or each month for part of a month that the contract runs. Interest is only payable at the time that the Pawnbroking contract is settled.
- We retain your goods until the contract is settled.
- Where applicable, all items will be tested in store, so there will be no recourse to vendor.